Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4 v2] [POWERPC] Kilauea defconfig file

From: Josh Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:13:39 -0500

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 15:12 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 03:31:12PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> > Yes, good catch. Since I'm not using the bootwrapper, I should be able to get 
> > rid of WANT_DEVICE_TREE too. But it seems to be autoselected in 
> > arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype for 40x and most other "embedded" 
> > CPU's. Any idea why this is the case?
> 
> Probably copying from 83xx, 85xx, etc, which set it on the entire CPU family
> because there's a wrapper platform that covers the entire family.  AFAICT,
> there are only board wrappers for 4xx, so individual boards should be
> selecting WANT_DEVICE_TREE.

Probably.  Seems somewhat redundant at this point to move it into the
individual board options though.

> In any case, you can just set DEVICE_TREE to an empty string if you only
> want the regular uImage.

Well, he wants the raw uImage, and a separate DTB to be spit out as far
as I can tell.  So we don't want an empty string here, but what's there
currently doesn't do the latter part either.

josh