Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: Add napi_sycnhronize() to sync with napi poll

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:59:57 +1000

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 18:36 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 08:04 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > net: Add __napi_synchronize() to sync with napi poll
> > 
> > The EMAC driver which needs to handle multiple devices with one
> > NAPI instance implements its own per-channel disable bit. However,
> > when setting such a bit, it needs to synchronize with the poller
> > (that is make sure that any pending poller instance has completed,
> > or is started late enough to see that disable bit).
> > 
> > This implements a low level __napi_synchronize() function to acheive
> > that. The underscores are to emphasis the low level aspect of it and
> > to discourage driver writers who don't know what they are doing to
> > use it (to please DaveM :-)
> 
> Erm.. your commit log calls it __napi_synchronize still.

The commit is a mistake, I sent a patch to rename it, or did I miss
something ?

Ben.