Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/7] pci: Export the pci_restore_msi_state() function

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:29:24 +1000

> > I don't know why you keep talking about powerpc laptops here ... 
> 
> Well, there are Apple laptops, right?  Aren't those the "powermac" 
> platform?  Now, I don't know if they support MSI, but if they do,
> I get the impression that they might not restore msi state correctly,
> after being put into hardware suspend.  But perhaps I'm mistaken;
> I was simply grepping for various msi-related functions in various
> arch subdirectories, comparing x86 to other arches, and noticed 
> that code that would restore msi state seems to be missing for
> most arches and most powerpc platforms.

Ah ok, i see. Well, platforms that use write_msi_msg() shouldn't need
anything special right ? So only pSeries is an issue here....

PowerBooks don't indeed have MSI support, though G5's do and some people
have been toying around with suspend/resume on them (hibernation only at
that stage) but it doesn't matter at this stage. We are specifically
talking about pSeries which is the "special" case here.

Ben.