Subject: On-going 4xx porting

From: Josh Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:01:41 -0600

Hi All,

For those interested, I have a few things I'd like to focus on for
2.6.25 in regards to the current arch/powerpc 4xx porting effort.  Below
is a brief list of drivers in no particular order:

PCI support
USB (440EP(x), etc)
I2C
GPIO
NDFC
RTC

I'd also like to try and get the larger page size patches ported and
merged.  If another hugetlbfs type patch shows up, that would be good
too.  There is also the HW watchpoint support patch, and of course new
board ports.

At some point we should really be able to have a single vmlinux be
wrapped with different zImage wrappers and .dts files and have it boot
on those various boards just fine.  So I'll be looking at accomplishing
that as well.  That should make new board ports fairly easy to do.

josh