Subject: Re: Hardware debuggers for PPC74xx G4 CPUs

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:37:05 +1100

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 01:47 +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> >
> > > * The documentation is only available under NDA, a problem for open
> > > source debuggers.
> > 
> > This is what we need. I would like it specifically for the mpc5200.
> > But we want to use it in OpenOCD so NDA won't work.
> 
> It doesn't work. Been  there  a  logn  time  ago.  It's  and  endless
> fingerpointing.  Freescale  (by  then:  Motorola)  says  they  cannot
> release any information because of their contracts with IBM, and vice
> versa.

It seems like AMCC does provide the necessary infos for 4xx processors
though. Jon, do you think what they provide is enough to use an open
source debugger ?

Ben.