Subject: Re: Sequoia EMAC only works if u-boot initializes it?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:08:35 +1100

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 14:10 -0500, Steven A. Falco wrote:
> I've attached a copy of my bootlog.  I added in one patch to enable
> rgmii but that didn't fix
> it.(http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2007-October/043435.html)
> 
> I am curious why the new emac driver is enabled in the DENX tree but
> not in the upstream trees.  Has DENX successfully used this driver on
> the Sequoia board?  Am I trying something that is known not to work?
> 
> I'm interested in helping in whatever way I can.  I need ARCH=powerpc
> to use the current Xenomai patches, and I need both EMACs so I can
> evaluate bonding (for high-availability).

Have you tried adding the various patches I posted along with the
patches Valentine posted ?

I'll re-send a full serie later this week. Let us know if those help or
if something is still broken.

Cheers,
Ben.