Subject: Re: [RFC] [PATCH] pasemi: NMI support with MPIC

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 07:38:45 +1100

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 12:28 -0600, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Some PWRficient-based boards have a NMI button that's wired up to a GPIO
> as interrupt source. By configuring the openpic accordingly, these get
> delivered as a machine check with high priority, instead of as an external
> interrupt.
> 
> The device tree contains a property "nmi-source" in the openpic node
> for these systems, and it's the (hwirq) source for the input.
> 
> Also, for these interrupts, the IACK is read from another register than
> the regular (MCACK), but they are EOI'd as usual. So implement said
> function for the mpic driver.
> 
> Finally, move a couple of external function defines to include/ instead
> of local under sysdev. Being able to mask/unmask and eoi directly saves
> us from setting up a dummy irq handler that will never be called.

It's interesting how creative implementors are with MPICs :-)

Looks allright to me but I haven't tested for regressions.

Ben.