Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/20] [POWERPC] Reworking machine check handling and Fix 440/440A

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:38:56 +1100

> This breaks non-44x based arch/ppc platforms.  For example ep405 in
> arch/ppc fails with:
> 
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c: In function ‘machine_check_440A’:
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:260: error: ‘MCSR_IB’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:260: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:260: error: for each function it appears in.)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:262: error: ‘MCSR_DRB’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:264: error: ‘MCSR_DWB’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:266: error: ‘MCSR_TLBP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:268: error: ‘MCSR_ICP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:272: error: ‘MCSR_DCSP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:274: error: ‘MCSR_DCFP’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> /home/jwboyer/src/linux-2.6/arch/ppc/kernel/traps.c:276: error: ‘MCSR_IMPE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[2]: *** [arch/ppc/kernel/traps.o] Error 1
> 
> The same is true for other platforms as well.  Getting closer...

True, I intended to use 4xx not 44x for the ifdef... very easy typo to
make.

Ben.