Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/7] [POWERPC] Xilinx: clear data caches.

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:09:41 +1100

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 11:07 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 15:43 -0800, Stephen Neuendorffer wrote:
> > This code is needed to boot without a boot loader.
> > 
> > Grant:  I'm not sure where the right place to put this is.  I'm assuming we'll actually need some boot code that is not generic?  Also, note that there is a V4FX errata workaround in arch/ppc/boot/head.S, which probably also needs to get pulled to powerpc.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Stephen Neuendorffer <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >  arch/powerpc/boot/raw-platform.c |   22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  1 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
> 
> This raw-platform.c file doesn't seem like a good place for code that is
> totally platform specific ...

Maybe best is to do that in asm ? The problem when you are in C code is
that you may already have hit stale cache entries. "raw" platforms
probably need to perform various CPU-specific initializations anyway,
prior to entering C code, in a custom crt0.S, so that's probably the
best place to do the cache clearing.

Ben.