Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix remainder calculating bug in single floating point division

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 07:07:45 +1100

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 22:26 +0800, Liu Yu wrote:
> This bug exists in the emulation of floating point division for powerpc.
> 
> The original code cannot count the remainder correctly. 
> I can provide a test case to trigger this bug. 
> When use fdiv to count 1.1754941e-38f / 0.9999999f, 
> the result is expected to be 1.175494e-38f, 
> but we will get 1.174921e-38f in the original case.

It's nice to see somebody digging in that scary math emu stuff. If you
could also get rid of the warnings, it would be perfect :-)

Now, appart from that, I seem to remember Dan telling me at some point
in the past (I think it was Dan... ) that this code was lifted from
somewhere else (glibc ? gcc soft-float ?), in which case it might be
worth to fix that somewhere else as well, or if it's already been fixed,
maybe resync. 

Cheers,
Ben.