Subject: Re: [i2c] [PATCH 19 3/5] Clean up error returns

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:04:44 +1100

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 17:10 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> 
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:39:43 -0500, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > Here' s a version with the compares to zero switched to NO_IRQ. If I
> > understand how NO_IRQ works it is the correct change. My understanding
> > is that under ppc IRQ zero was legal and NO_IRQ was -1. But then the
> > whole kernel switched to NO_IRQ = zero. Powerpc updated to NO_IRQ=0
> > and used virtual IRQs to move a physical IRQ 0 to another IRQ number.
> > ppc was not changed. This driver does not appear to have been updated
> > to track this global change since it didn't initially use the NO_IRQ
> > define everywhere.
> 
> As I have already applied the part of this patch that preserves error
> values in error paths, can you please send an incremental patch that
> only fixes the IRQ issues? These are separate issues so it's better to
> have separate patches anyway.

To be clear, nowadays, checking against 0 is correct unless you intend
the driver to work with arch/ppc (which we'll deprecate soon).

Ben.