Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] firewire: fw-ohci: PPC PMac platform code

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 10:48:24 +1100

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 14:43 -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Stefan Richter wrote:
> > Copied from ohci1394.c.  This code is necessary to prevent machine check
> > exceptions when reloading or resuming the driver.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <[email-masked]>
> 
> I was able to reproduce the system exception on resume with a 3rd-gen 
> Titanium PowerBook G4 667, and this patch does let the system resume 
> successfully now.
> 
> Not quite clear if there was possibly an updated version coming using 
> pci_enable_device() instead of the pair of pmac_call_feature() calls, 
> but either way, this is a definite must-have, at least for older ppc 
> macs -- my Aluminum PowerBook G4/1.67 suspends and resumes without this 
> patch just fine.

Let's go with Stefan patch for now. I'll find out what's up with
pci_enable_device() later.

Ben.