Subject: Re: pci issue - wrong detection of pci ressources

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:18:10 +1000

> >> radeonfb: EDID probed
> >> Parsing EDID data for panel info
> >> Setting up default mode based on panel info
> >> radeonfb (0000:00:0a.0): ATI Radeon Y`
> > 
> >    Hm, what's that Y`?
> 
> Thats the final message in the radeonfb driver ater initializing everything.
>    printk ("radeonfb (%s): %s\n", pci_name(rinfo->pdev), rinfo->name);
> I wonder why that rinfo->name is clobbered - maybe another issue, I have to keep that in mind.

Nah, that's normal. ATI used to use nice letters for their PCI ID, and
we used to print that as that's also what they used in some docs etc...
but a few years ago, they started using other characters (running out of
letters). I think there's a patch floating around to print it in hex
instead.

Cheers,
Ben.