Subject: Re: [PATCH] ftrace: powerpc clean ups

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:15:07 +1000

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 14:31 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> This patch cleans up the ftrace code in PowerPC based on the comments from
> Michael Ellerman.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for that.

I posted some patches last week, also in my git tree[1], that should
allow you to use create_branch() in your code (and also facilitate some
other things I wanted to do). I also added a #define for NOP also.

If/when my patches go into powerpc-next I'll do a patch against
linux-next for ftrace to use them.

cheers

[1]: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mpe/linux-2.6.git;a=summary

-- 
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person