Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Merge HUGETLB_PAGE and HUGETLBFS Kconfig options

From: Adam Litke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:49:00 -0400

There are currently two global Kconfig options that enable/disable the
hugetlb code: CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE and CONFIG_HUGETLBFS.  This may have
made sense before hugetlbfs became ubiquitous but now the pair of
options are redundant.  Merging these two options into one will simplify
the code slightly and will, more importantly, avoid confusion and
questions like: Which hugetlbfs CONFIG option should my code depend on?

CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is aliased to the value of CONFIG_HUGETLBFS, so one
option can be removed without any effect.  The first patch merges the
two options into one option: CONFIG_HUGETLB.  The second patch updates
the defconfigs to set the one new option appropriately.

I have cross-compiled this on i386, x86_64, ia64, powerpc, sparc64 and
sh with the option enabled and disabled.  This is completely mechanical
but, due to the large number of files affected (especially defconfigs),
could do well with a review from several sets of eyeballs.  Thanks.

-- 
Adam Litke - (agl at us.ibm.com)
IBM Linux Technology Center