Subject: Re: [patch 0/6] Strong Access Ordering page attributes for POWER7

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:39:52 +1000

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 17:32 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> Andrew,
> 
> The first patch in this series hits architecture independent code, but the
> rest is contained in the powerpc subtree.  Could you pick up the first
> patch into -mm?  I can send the rest of them through the powerpc git tree.
> The first patch and the rest of the set are independent and can be merged
> in either order.

 ../..

I was wondering... how do we inform userspace that this is available ?
Same question with adding the endian bit on 4xx which I plan to do using
your infrastructure...

We haven't defined a user-visible feature bit (and besides, we're really
getting short on these...). This is becoming a bit of concern btw (the
running out of bits). Maybe we should start defining an AT_HWCAP2 for
powerpc and get libc updated to pick it up ?

Ben.