Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the powerpc tree

From: Daniel Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:13:15 -0700

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 23:07 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Today's linux-next merge of the powerpc tree got a conflict in
> drivers/macintosh/mediabay.c between commit
> 7ad963b103d3863b1161c59f3e65a435979804ed ("ide-pmac: media-bay support
> fixes (take 4)") from the ide tree and commit
> 9a24729d8aeef967eac7af71c6a69edc83d06558 ("macintosh/media bay: Convert
> semaphore to mutex") from the powerpc tree.
> 
> I just applied the up/down -> mutex_unlock/mutex_lock change to the ide
> tree version.

It doesn't look like the IDE patches change the locking at all, so the
semaphore to mutex change should still be safe every with the IDE
changes.

>>From an organizational prospective, I think it makes sense for the IDE
changes to go on top of the powerpc.git mediabay changes .. Since the
most current mediabay driver is in the powerpc.git AFAIK.

Daniel