Subject: Re: linux-next: scsi tree build failure

From: James Bottomley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:07:58 -0500

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 08:05 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 09:39 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> > > Caused because commit 341b56db6804040aa9559e913865108424e3b18b
> > ("[SCSI]
> > > ibmvscsi: driver enablement for CMO"), which was 15/16 in a series,
> > has
> > > been merged before any of the other patches in the series.  I have
> > > reverted that commit.
> > 
> > Do I detect the fact that IBM sent a patch for a SCSI driver for which
> > the core features weren't yet enabled (and which I couldn't check, not
> > having a ppc build system)?
> 
> I suspect the sender (Robert) was asking for comments/review :-) In any
> case, Robert, next time make it explicit on a patch CCed to a separate
> list from the rest of the serie that it isn't to be merged without
> dependencies.
> 
> James, if you ack it, I'll put it in powerpc.git.

I thought it was all done and dusted (which is why I put it in
scsi-misc).  However, now Brian King seems to have some late arriving
comments.

James