Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the powerpc tree

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:41:30 +1000

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 21:01 +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> 
> Since I haven't heard back from Ben [1] on ide-pmac/media-bay IRQ issue
> I took another look at ide-pmac patches and I think that it should be
> possible to rework them in such way that consecutive ide patches (> 100)
> won't depend on "ide-pmac: media-bay support fixes (take 4)" patch.
> 
> This would allow us to re-schedule it to 2.6.28 (which is probably what
> we want because 2.6.26 is probably just around the corner and we will be
> pretty busy with 2.6.27 merge window soon).  Ben, what's your opinion?
> 
> [1] which doesn't surprise me given his new responsibilities ;)

That and I just moved house... been hectic lately.

I'll give another shot at the IRQ issues early next week, and if it
still doesn't work, we'll postpone.

Cheers,
Ben.