Subject: Re: build error in powerpc tree

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:39:03 +1000

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 17:03 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> 
> Commit ef3d3246a0d06be622867d21af25f997aeeb105f ("powerpc/mm: Add Strong
> Access Ordering support") in the powerpc/{next,master} tree caused the
> following in a powerpc allmodconfig build:
> 
> usr/include/asm/mman.h requires linux/mm.h, which does not exist in exported headers
> 
> Also, that header file is now using CONFIG_PPC64 which we should not do
> in the unprotected (by #ifdef __KERNEL__) part an exported header file,
> we should use __powerpc64__ instead.
> 
> I suspect all the CONFIG_PPC64 part of the file could be surrounded by
> #ifdef __KERNEL__ and the include of <linux/mm.h> could be moved to this
> section.  The file should then be changed to unifdef-y from header-y in
> the Kbuild file.  (Might have been easier to send a patch :-))

I'll dbl check tomorrow. PROT_SAO must be exported always but everything
else should pretty much be under __KERNEL__. Interesting that this
hasn't shown up in Paulus test build scripts that I used.

Cheers,
Ben.