Subject: Re: [PATCH] elf loader support for auxvec base platform string

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:19:48 +1000

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 09:10 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > 
> > Should I seek somebody's ack before merging a patch like the one below ?
> > 
> > I'm a bit reluctant to merge via the powerpc.git tree some changes to
> > generic files without at least an ack from somebody else :-)
> 
> Gaah. Generally we don't, but you're right to ask. The ELF loading keeps 
> on accumulating these things, and I'm not sure we have the right process 
> for things like this. They're all individually small and insignificant, 
> and they are all individually never going away and making the ELF loader 
> messier and messier.

Yeah, annoying. Oh well, this one at least is now getting Andrew's
scrutinity...

Cheers,
Ben.