Subject: Re: [RFC] 4xx hardware watchpoint support

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:18:24 +1000

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 19:08 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 07:38:57 +1000
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > 
> > > Josh pointed out that you went ahead and merged this.  Curse you :)
> > > 
> > > I've got a patch in my tree to address my initial concerns.
> > 
> > Well, I asked Josh on IRC and he was fine, I got your email too late.
> 
> I was (and still am) OK with it.  Kumar's comments are valid but not
> major for 44x.  Some cleanup could be done, but I was more focused on
> getting it in during this merge window.
> 
> I think we just had a small case of bad timing.  I blame conferences
> and late nights of beer^H^H^H^Hcoding.

Yeah, as I said, the patch is fine (ie shouldn't break anything) and has
had plenty of review so I felt it was good to go, we can do cleanups
later. I wanted that feature in the merge window, next week would have
been too late :-)

Cheers,
Ben.