Subject: Re: [git pull] Please pull from powerpc.git merge branch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:28:51 +1000

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 17:38 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > 
> > Please pull from:
> > 
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git merge
> 
> What odd character do you have there before the 'git://' and why?

Hrm... no idea... must be some weirdo evolution thing...

> It cuts-and-pastes into some whitespace that isn't space, and that the 
> shell thus makes part of that word when parsing. It seems to be U+FEFF, 
> which is "zero-width non-break space", but what the heck is the point of 
> that kind of garbage in email?

No idea how it got there.

> Is this some new way for Evolution to screw up?

Quite possibly. I'll do some tests to see if I can reproduce locally...
it could be the result of a key combo that leaves that in the mail but
isn't visible... weird.

Sorry about that,

Cheers,
Ben.