Subject: Re: ide pmac breakage

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:49:12 +1000

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 21:11 +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> 
> > Note that there shouldn't be anything fundamentally different from
> > ide-pmac here vs. something like pcmcia IDE cards... do you have one
> of
> > these to test with ?
> 
> Nope and I really don't intend to have one.  I count on other people
> to take some care of support for host drivers that they
> maintain/use. ;)

Hrm... that's not a very sane approach. You have some infrastructure for
adding / removing devices, in fact changes things in that area even, and
not a single piece of HW to exercise those code path ? I don't ask you
to get a powermac with a media-bay, but ide_cs seems to be a pretty
important one that's part of what the ide maintainer should take care
of... And I suspect it's going to exercise the same code path as
mediabay.

Ben.