Subject: Re: [machdep_calls] IRQ

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:20:45 +1000

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 10:23 +0200, Sébastien Chrétien wrote:
> Exactly, I mean ppc_md.init_IRQ().

> Ok. What have I to setup in this function ? I set the mask and other
> registers. Is it right ?  How do I chose the mask ?

It totally depends on your platform, I really can't tell you. You can
look at similar platform code if there is some, otherwise the reference
manual for your hardware or similar should have what you need.

> At the end of this funtion, IRQ are disable. Is that right ? So who
> does enable IRQs ?

Yes, irqs get enabled a bit later in start_kernel().

cheers

-- 
Michael Ellerman
OzLabs, IBM Australia Development Lab

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person