Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] OF: new helper: of_parse_phandles_with_args()

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:37:29 +1100

> +	for (i = 0; i < list_cells; cur_index++) {
> +		const u32 *cells;
> +		const phandle *phandle;
> +
> +		phandle = list + i;
> +		args = phandle + 1;

Rather than incrementing i, I would just use a running pointer "list"
and drop "i" totally. Not big deal tho.

> +		/* one cell hole in the list = <>; */
> +		if (!*phandle) {
> +			if (cur_index == index)
> +				return -ENOENT;
> +			i++;
> +			continue;
> +		}

I don't totally understand the above. The 0 phandle terminates the list
or is just an empty slot in it ? In the later case, it might be more
readable to use goto to skip over down to the normal if (cur_index ==
index) break; and let it return via the normal if (!node) return -ENOENT
out of the loop.

Appart from that it's good and I'm fine with putting it in if you respin
despite being a bit late mostly because it's me who is later reviewing
there :-)

Cheers,
Ben.