Subject: Re: hugetlbfs for ppc440 - kernel BUG

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:47:43 +1100

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 13:38 -0500, Satya wrote:
> hello,
> I am trying to implement hugetlbfs on the IBM Bluegene/L IO node
> (ppc440) and I have a big problem as well as a few questions to ask
> the group. I patched a 2.6.21.6 linux kernel (manually) with Edi
> Shmueli's hugetlbfs implementation (found here:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=8427) for this. I did
> have to make slight changes (described at the end) to make it work.
> My test program is a shortened version of a sys v shared memory
> example described in Documentation/vm/hugetlbpage.txt

Hi !

The patchwork link unfortunately didn't survive the transition to
patchwork 2.

Do you know what's the status of Hugetlb support for 44x ? Is there any
plan to release that for upstream inclusion ?

Cheers,
Ben.