Subject: Re: USB problems in 2.6.28-rc*

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 08:01:15 +1100

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 14:42 -0500, Sean MacLennan wrote:
> Anybody else seeing USB problems in the 2.6.28 kernels? The warp has a
> USB 1.1 port off the 440EP processor. 
> 
> In 2.6.26 we had some problems with certain USB keys, but 2.6.27 fixed
> it. However, the 2.6.28 stream broke it again before rc1. We get this
> twice when you try to use the usb key:

Please reports this to the linux-usb mailing list ! (You can keep this
list on CC but the main people capable to help you are over there)

Cheers,
Ben.

> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 990865 512-byte hardware sectors: (507 MB/483 MiB)
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
>  sda: sda1
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ppc-of-ohci and address 2
> sd 0:0:0:0: timing out command, waited 60s
> 
> It then seems to work. I haven't looked into it too much since we
> aren't switching to 2.6.28 anytime soon (it breaks our Secure Digital
> card driver).
> 
> But I am hoping somebody might know a quick fix... something like "have
> you got CONFIG_x set" type answer ;)
> 
> Cheers,
>    Sean
> _______________________________________________
> Linuxppc-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://ozlabs.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxppc-dev