Subject: Re: PCI Resource allocation

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 09:54:04 +1100

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 00:06 +0530, Deepak Pandian wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> In ppc4xx_pci i see the pci size to be declared as
>  u32 lah, lal, pciah, pcial, sa;

I think the 4xx code is pretty much ok at this stage no ?

> Also at many other places I see the pci region is not capable of
> handling resources > 4GB. I am planning to work on this arch specific
> code to make it handle pci resource of width greater than 4 GB.

Which "many other places" ?

> But before that i wanted to clarify whether the core kernel will be
> able to handle pci regions with width greater than  4GB.

There's at least one place in the generic PCI code, in
pci_read_bridge_bases(), that needs fixing in a similar way as we
already fixed __pci_read_base(), ie by testing the resource_size_t size
rather than whether the platform is 64-bit.

There might be a few more.

Cheers,
Ben.