Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/5] powerpc: Generic device tree for all AmigaOne boards

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:01:42 +1100

> I think I throw away the IDE controller node for now, as libata just reads
> the PCI register settings (progif) and I guess the IDE subsystem will do
> the same in the future.

Well... if all AmigaOne use a 8259, they probably use the same interrupt
routing except for PCI slots. In which case, I would -still- prefer if
you had a proper interrupt tree, and at runtime or boot-wrapper time,
fixed up the PCI host "interrupt-map" property to contain the right
values for a given board.

I'm not going to include the new platform in .29, it's way too late
anyway (it should have been published a couple of weeks before the merge
window at least I'd say) so we have some time til .30 to polish things a
bit.

Another area to look at is to cleanup the non-coherent DMA thingy. The
config option should just enable a set of non-coherent backend ops, but
we should still be able to decide which ones to use (coherent vs.
non-coherent) at runtime.

Cheers,
Ben.