Subject: Re: OF device mappings

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 08:05:32 +1100

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 12:18 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Grant Likely wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Gary Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Grant Likely wrote:
> >>> Once you have a handle to the node, you can iterate through the
> >>> of_platform bus devices and look for a node which has a matching node
> >>> pointer stored in archdata.  That will give you a struct device which
> >>> is contained by a struct of_device (note well: this will give you an
> >>> of_device, not a platform_device.)
> >> I have code which does this already, but I could not figure out
> >> how to get from the of_device node to the actual platform_device.

 .../...

You may want to look how I do something similar in
drivers/net/ibm_newemac

Not necessarily the nicest approach but works for now, until we have
something better.

Cheers,
Ben.