Subject: Re: Question about windfarm drivers

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:28:49 +0200

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 10:52 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> In wf_lm75_release(), i2c_detach_client() is called if and only if
> lm->i2c.adapter is set, which is not the case, and then the data
> structure, including the i2c client, is freed from memory. This means
> that the freed i2c client is still registered with i2c-core, this looks
> wrong.
> 
> Am I missing something? Or is this clean-up path broken and nobody ever
> noticed?

Probably the later :-)

> I am also curious why wf_unregister_sensor() calls wf_put_sensor()
> while wf_register_sensor() doesn't call wf_get_sensor().

It's quite possible that those code path are a bit buggy and not well
exercised. I don't think people ever unload those modules and we tend to
have that stuff built-in ourselves.

Cheers,
Ben.