Subject: Re: Q: MTD RAM in OF Device Tree

From: Albrecht Dreß <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:00:36 +0200

Hi Wolfram!

Am 19.05.09 14:27 schrieb(en) Wolfram Sang:
> I wrote such a driver (yet without partitioning support) and I am  
> trying to get it mainline, just didn't get any comments so far:
> 
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23557/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23556/

Thanks a lot, this is *exactly* what I was looking for!  Actually,  
partition support is not important as I want to use the whole chip -  
512k isn't *that* much...

> I'd be happy if you could give it a try and donate some  
> {Acked|Tested|Reviewed}-by tags. Maybe this will help for my next try  
> to get it mainline.

Will do that once I get it running completely.  The first test  
triggered some strange problems when I wrote to /dev/mtdn and read back  
the data (which is supposed to give "raw" direct access, right?) - the  
last dword in each 512 byte block is partly broken.  Probably something  
in the localbus layout or timing...

Thanks again,
Albrecht.