Subject: MPC5200/BestComm functions question

From: Albrecht Dreß <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:36:21 +0200

Hi all,

I have a MPC5200B based system with a 16-bit peripheral attached to the  
Local Bus, and I am looking into possibilities to use BestComm for the  
data transfer.

I found Grant Likely's cool 'mpc5200-localplus-test.c' driver which  
demonstrates this using the 'gen_bd' driver, and which is apparently a  
great starting point.

However, I also have to (a) 32-bit endianess-swap the data and (b)  
calculate a 32-bit crc on it.  Of course, this is possible with the  
buffers using the cpu, but I saw some remarks that the Bestcomm engine  
also includes functions which can perform swapping and crc  
calculation.  I believe it would unload the cpu if the BestComm engine  
could perform these tasks, but I cannot find a good  
documentation/example for that.  Does anyone know any pointers for  
that?  Or maybe even a tool to create the bestcomm tasks from a  
'readable' source?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.