Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/3] pSeries: cede latency specifier helper function.

From: Daniel Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:45:05 -0700

On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 17:37 +0530, Gautham R Shenoy wrote:
>         // Used to pass parms from the OS to PLIC for SetAsrAndRfid
>         u64     saved_gpr3;             // Saved GPR3                   x20-x27
>         u64     saved_gpr4;             // Saved GPR4                   x28-x2F
> -       u64     saved_gpr5;             // Saved GPR5                   x30-x37
> +       union {
> +               u64     saved_gpr5;     // Saved GPR5                   x30-x37
> +               struct {
> +                       u8      cede_latency_hint;  //                  x30
> +                       u8      reserved[7];        //                  x31-x36
> +               } fields;
> +       } gpr5_dword;
> +
>  
>         u8      dtl_enable_mask;        // Dispatch Trace Log mask      x38-x38
>         u8      donate_dedicated_cpu;   // Donate dedicated CPU cycles  x39-x39

Could you drop the C99 style comments (use /* */ instead)? If you run
checkpatch on this it will error on these lines..

Daniel