Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/5200: make BestComm gen_bd microcode exchangeable

From: Albrecht Dreß <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:50:12 +0200

Hi Wolfram:

Am 03.10.09 11:44 schrieb(en) Wolfram Sang:
> you wrote your own microcode? :)

I modified the bcom_gen_bd_rx_task for a LPB peripheral as to perform  
Endianess swapping during the transfer (works meanwhile :-).    
Modifying the standard kernel code for testing seemed to be the wrong  
approach for me, so I wrote that patch...

If possible, I would also like to have a crc32 calculation performed by  
BestComm, but unfortunately there is no documentation and Freescale  
doesn't give any support, so it's all trial and error and error and  
error...  If you have any idea, pointers would be appreciated!

> approach looks ok to me in general, but this patch is line-wrapped.

I don't think so - the message body is a "format=flowed" (RFC 3676)  
text/plain part.  Maybe your MUA doesn't display that format correctly  
(Outlook?)?  Or is '3676 in general not acceptable for patches?

[snip]
> spaces instead of tabs
[snip]
> Two empty lines.

Thanks - will submit a fixed patch next week, stay tuned...

Cheers, Albrecht.

P.S.: Did your mtd-ram/physmap_of patch you submitted a while ago make  
it into the stock kernel?  I have some pending extra work (16-bit LPB  
RAM access) building on top of it...