Subject: [PATCHv2 0/3] mpc52xx/wdt: re-enable the MPC5200 WDT

From: Albrecht Dreß <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:39:26 +0100

This set of patches merges the MPC5200 WDT into the GPT code, making it
functional again - currently, the MPC5200 GPT code blocks using the WDT.

Additionally, it defines a new OF property as to reserve and/or enable the
WDT during the boot process which may be a requirement for safety-related
(e.g. ISO/EN 61508) applications.

Note that all patches are against Grant Likely's "next" tree.

Compared to the first version of the patch, the basic change is a full merg=
e
of the WDT code into the GPT implementation in arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx.
It makes the old WDT implementation file obsolete.  As a side effect, it is
not possible any more to build the 52xx WDT support as module which shouldn=
't
be a big issue, though.

Cheers, Albrecht.

---

 Documentation/powerpc/dts-bindings/fsl/mpc5200.txt |   17 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mpc52xx.h                 |    5 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/52xx/mpc52xx_gpt.c          |  328 ++++++++++++++++=
++--
 drivers/watchdog/Kconfig                           |    4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/Makefile                          |    1 -
 5 files changed, 331 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)