Subject: [RFC 0/5] Rework OpenFirmware GPIO handling

From: Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:42:21 +0300

This is an RFC serie of patches containing rework of OpenFirmware GPIO binding.

It permits very simple binding of most i2c/spi/etc. GPIO expanders (e.g.
to use pcf8574x driver I had only to patch in support for working w/o platform
data, no OF-specific code at all).

Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov (5):
      Rework OpenFirmware GPIO handling
      mcu_mpc8349emitx: port to new of gpio interface
      mpc8xxx_gpio: port to new of gpio interface
      simple_gpio: port to new of gpio interface
      qe_gpio: port to new of gpio interface

 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mcu_mpc8349emitx.c |   11 +++---
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpc8xxx_gpio.c             |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/gpio.c              |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/simple_gpio.c              |    2 +-
 drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c                         |    6 +++
 drivers/of/gpio.c                              |   42 ++++++++++++++++++++---
 include/asm-generic/gpio.h                     |   19 +++++++++++
 include/linux/of_gpio.h                        |   29 +++++++++-------
 8 files changed, 86 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)