Subject: gianfar breaking builds

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:56:44 +1100

In my next (not pushed out yet as I'm writing this but will be by the
time you read it hopefully), I get a build failure:

/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c: In function ‘gfar_netpoll’:
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2653: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_interrupt’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2652: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2681: error: invalid storage class for function ‘adjust_link’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2764: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_set_multi’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2855: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_clear_exact_match’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2877: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_set_hash_for_addr’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2898: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_set_mac_for_addr’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:2922: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_error’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3017: warning: ‘alias’ attribute ignored
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3032: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_init’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3037: error: invalid storage class for function ‘gfar_exit’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3041: error: invalid storage class for function ‘__inittest’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3041: warning: ‘alias’ attribute ignored
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3042: error: invalid storage class for function ‘__exittest’
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3042: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3042: warning: ‘alias’ attribute ignored
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/drivers/net/gianfar.c:3042: error: expected declaration or statement at end of input
make[3]: *** [drivers/net/gianfar.o] Error 1

Stephen says that breakage has been in -next for some time...

Can you guys sort it out ?

Cheers,
Ben.