Subject: Re: Problem with PCI bus rescan on 460EX

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:54:44 +1100

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 16:46 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 14:39 +0900, Kenji Kaneshige wrote:
> > 
> > > Yes, with these lines removed bridge memory window is properly
> > allocated.
> > 
> > These lines are to prevent updating IO or memory windows when there
> > are
> > some devices working behind the bridge. So please note that removing
> > these lines is just for debugging.
> 
> This is not a very good way to do so though. Many firmwares will leave
> those enabled even when the bridges -do- have to be reconfigured.

Bah, my bad ... pci_is_enabled() is confusing... At first sight I would
have thought it would return whether the device command register MEM or
IO enable are set. Instead, it returns whether pci_enable_device() has
been called.

In any case, Felix bridge looks a tad weird. It should really be handled
by a specific hotplug driver imho.

Cheers,
Ben.