Subject: Re: "event-scan failed" logflood

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:46:47 +1000

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 16:04 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> It's probably caused by 3d541c4b7f6efd55a98189afd1b2f1c9d048c1b3.
> 
> Is Pegasos a chrp, I can't remember. It did get called in the old chrp
> code, and the comments suggest you have to call it.
> 
> It's not obvious looking at the diff why it would be failing now but
> didn't previously.

Well, first it should be called once per second, not 60 times per
second, so something is wrong there...

Then, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pegasos RTAS didn't implement
the event scan properly. Maybe we failed silently before that ? I
doubt it's necessary there anyways.

It would be relatively easy to avoid starting the event scan on a
pegasos, I think we have a _chrp_type variable that can be tested
for that.

Cheers,
Ben.