Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/3][MTD] P4080/mtd: Fix the freescale lbc issue with 36bit mode

From: Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:46:26 +0300

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 13:36 -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Unsigned int is reliably >= 4 in Linux.
> 
> Not exactly.  sizeof(unsigned int) is effectively never greater than 4
> in Linux

I know and said the same in the other paragraph which you cut.

>  (I think it's still 32 bits even on a 64-bit kernel)

Yes.

> , so it
> makes no sense to say >=.  So since you can't say that sizeof(int) ==
> 4, and you can't say that sizeof(int) > 4, then you certainly can't
> say that sizeof(int) >= 4.

It also makes no sense to send "makes no sense" answer 2 times in a row
and it makes no sense to not read and not try to understand the e-mail
you are replying (even though the english of the writer is not perfect)
So it makes no sense to continue arguing.

But it makes some sense to go sleep, good night.

-- 
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)