Subject: Re: Linux doesn not boot from u-boot on ML403

From: Mirek23 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 01:25:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Grant,

   Thank you very much for your response. actually I was wrong when saying:

> My observation is that the linux 2.6.23 rc-2 is not that stable as 2.6.21.
> In most cases It boots successfully (ie. zImage.elf) but occasionally it
> fails during booting. It has never occurred with 2.6.21 which I also
> copied from your side.

Both version of linux 2.6.21 and 2.6.23 run very well and always boot
properly.
To deal with u-boot and linux kernel I use jtag and load the software
straight to RAM.

I have difficulties to boot uImage (kernel v2.6.23) from u-boot 1.2.0. 
uImage boots sometimes from u-boot but zImage.elf boots always (when loaded
to RAM via jtag). 

It seems to be that I have the general problem with u-boot which I have
described on u-boot users forum:
http://www.nabble.com/u-boot-init-problem-on-ml403-%28virtex-4%29-board-tf4514050.html

Best Regards

Mirek

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Linux-doesn-not-boot-from-u-boot-on-ML403-tf4504418.html#a12875133
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.