Subject: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git next branch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:51:02 +1100

Hi Linus !

Here's powerpc's batch for this merge window. Mostly bits and pieces,
such as Anton doing some performance tuning left and right, and the
usual churn. One hilight is the support for the new Freescale e5500 core
(64-bit BookE). Another one is that we now wire up the whole lot of
socket calls as direct syscalls in addition to the old style indirect
method.

Cheers,
Ben.

The following changes since commit e10117d36ef758da0690c95ecffc09d5dd7da479:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../jgarzik/libata-dev

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git next

Andreas Schwab (1):
      powerpc: Remove fpscr use from [kvm_]cvt_{fd,df}

Anton Blanchard (5):
      powerpc: Optimise 64bit csum_partial
      powerpc: Optimise 64bit csum_partial_copy_generic and add csum_and_copy_from_user
      powerpc: Add 64bit csum_and_copy_to_user
      powerpc: Feature nop out reservation clear when stcx checks address
      powerpc: Check end of stack canary at oops time

Arnd Bergmann (1):
      powerpc/spufs: Use llseek in all file operations

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (4):
      powerpc/dma: Add optional platform override of dma_set_mask()
      powerpc/dart_iommu: Support for 64-bit iommu bypass window on PCIe
      Merge remote branch 'kumar/merge' into next
      Merge remote branch 'jwb/next' into next

Denis Kirjanov (1):
      powerpc: Use is_32bit_task() helper to test 32-bit binary

Harninder Rai (1):
      powerpc/85xx: add cache-sram support

Ian Munsie (1):
      powerpc: Wire up direct socket system calls

Ilya Yanok (1):
      powerpc/mpc83xx: Support for MPC8308 P1M board

Joe Perches (2):
      powerpc: Use static const char arrays
      powerpc: Remove pr_<level> uses of KERN_<level>

Josh Boyer (1):
      powerpc/44x: Update ppc44x_defconfig

Julia Lawall (7):
      powerpc/via-pmu-led.c: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      powerpc/maple: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      powerpc/powermac/pfunc_core.c: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      powerpc/cell: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      powerpc/chrp/nvram.c: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      powerpc/irq.c: Add of_node_put to avoid memory leak
      i2c/i2c-pasemi.c: Fix unsigned return type

Kumar Gala (11):
      powerpc/ppc64e: Fix link problem when building ppc64e_defconfig
      powerpc/fsl-pci: Fix MSI support on 83xx platforms
      powerpc/mpc8xxx_gpio: Add support for 'qoriq-gpio' controllers
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add PCI device ids for P2040/P3041/P5010/P5020 QoirQ chips
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add p3041 DS board support
      powerpc: Fix compile error with paca code on ppc64e
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add support for FSL 64-bit e5500 core
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add support for FSL Arch v1.0 MMU in setup_page_sizes
      powerpc/fsl-booke64: Use TLB CAMs to cover linear mapping on FSL 64-bit chips
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add p5020 DS board support
      powerpc/fsl-booke: Add e55xx (64-bit) smp defconfig

Matthew McClintock (7):
      powerpc/mm: Assume first cpu is boot_cpuid not 0
      powerpc/kexec: make masking/disabling interrupts generic
      powerpc/85xx: Remove call to mpic_teardown_this_cpu in kexec
      powerpc/85xx: Minor fixups for kexec on 85xx
      powerpc/85xx: flush dcache before resetting cores
      powerpc/fsl_soc: Search all global-utilities nodes for rstccr
      powerpc/fsl_booke: Add support to boot from core other than 0

Michael Neuling (1):
      powerpc: Move arch_sd_sibling_asym_packing() to smp.c

Nathan Fontenot (3):
      powerpc/pseries: Export device tree updating routines
      powerpc/pseries: Export rtas_ibm_suspend_me()
      powerpc/pseries: Partition migration in the kernel

Nishanth Aravamudan (8):
      powerpc/pci: Fix return type of BUID_{HI,LO} macros
      powerpc/dma: Fix dma_iommu_dma_supported compare
      powerpc/dma: Fix check for direct DMA support
      powerpc/vio: Use put_device() on device_register failure
      powerpc/viobus: Free TCE table on device release
      powerpc/pseries: Use kmemdup
      powerpc/pci: Cleanup device dma setup code
      powerpc/pseries/xics: Use cpu_possible_mask rather than cpu_all_mask

Paul Gortmaker (1):
      powerpc: Fix invalid page flags in create TLB CAM path for PTE_64BIT

Paul Mackerras (5):
      powerpc: Abstract indexing of lppaca structs
      powerpc: Dynamically allocate most lppaca structs
      powerpc: Account time using timebase rather than PURR
      powerpc/pseries: Re-enable dispatch trace log userspace interface
      powerpc/perf: Fix sampling enable for PPC970

Scott Wood (1):
      oprofile/fsl emb: Don't set MSR[PMM] until after clearing the interrupt.

Sean MacLennan (2):
      powerpc: Fix incorrect .stabs entry for copy_32.S
      powerpc: mtmsrd not defined

Shaohui Xie (1):
      fsl_rio: Add comments for sRIO registers.

Stephen Rothwell (1):
      powerpc: define a compat_sys_recv cond_syscall

Timur Tabi (5):
      powerpc: export ppc_proc_freq and ppc_tb_freq as GPL symbols
      powerpc/watchdog: Allow the Book-E driver to be compiled as a module
      powerpc/p1022: Add probing for individual DMA channels
      powerpc/85xx: add ngPIXIS FPGA device tree node to the P1022DS board
      powerpc/watchdog: Make default timeout for Book-E watchdog a Kconfig option

Tirumala Marri (1):
      powerpc/44x: Add support for the AMCC APM821xx SoC

matt mooney (1):
      powerpc/Makefiles: Change to new flag variables

 arch/powerpc/boot/addnote.c                    |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/bluestone.dts            |  254 +++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8308_p1m.dts          |  332 ++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/p1022ds.dts              |   11 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/44x/bluestone_defconfig   |   68 ++++
 arch/powerpc/configs/e55xx_smp_defconfig       |   84 ++++
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc44x_defconfig          |    9 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc64e_defconfig          |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/checksum.h            |   10 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/compat.h              |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cputable.h            |   14 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/dma-mapping.h         |   14 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/elf.h                 |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h       |    3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/fsl_85xx_cache_sram.h |   48 +++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kexec.h               |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_fpu.h             |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/lppaca.h              |   29 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/machdep.h             |    3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu-book3e.h          |   15 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h                |   10 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/page_64.h             |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-pci.h             |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc_asm.h             |   50 ++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h           |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pte-common.h          |    7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/rtas.h                |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/systbl.h              |   19 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/system.h              |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/time.h                |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/unistd.h              |   21 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                   |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/align.c                    |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c              |   12 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_44x.S            |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_fsl_booke.S      |   15 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cputable.c                 |   43 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c                    |   13 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dma-iommu.c                |   21 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dma.c                      |   20 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S                 |   40 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fpu.S                      |   10 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_fsl_booke.S           |   10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c                      |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/lparcfg.c                  |   14 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/machine_kexec.c            |   24 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/machine_kexec_32.c         |    4 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                     |   70 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c               |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ppc970-pmu.c               |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c                  |   12 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c                   |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/rtas.c                     |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c                 |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                      |   14 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                     |  275 +++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c                    |    5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c                     |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/Makefile            |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/Makefile            |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vio.c                      |   10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/Makefile                      |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_paired_singles.c       |   44 +--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c                     |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/fpu.S                         |    8 -
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile                      |    7 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/checksum_64.S                 |  482 +++++++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/lib/checksum_wrappers_64.c        |  102 +++++
 arch/powerpc/lib/copy_32.S                     |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/ldstfp.S                      |   36 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/locks.c                       |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/sstep.c                       |    8 +
 arch/powerpc/math-emu/Makefile                 |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/Makefile                       |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/fault.c                        |    6 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/fsl_booke_mmu.c                |   15 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_context_nohash.c           |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_decl.h                     |    5 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_nohash.c                   |   56 +++-
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_nohash_low.S               |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/oprofile/Makefile                 |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/oprofile/backtrace.c              |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/oprofile/op_model_fsl_emb.c       |   15 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/Kconfig             |   16 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/ppc44x_simple.c     |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/Kconfig            |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mpc830x_rdb.c      |    3 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/Kconfig            |   28 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/Makefile           |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/p1022_ds.c         |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/p3041_ds.c         |   64 ++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/p5020_ds.c         |   69 ++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/smp.c              |   83 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype         |    8 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/ras.c              |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spider-pic.c       |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/file.c       |   18 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/chrp/nvram.c            |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/Makefile        |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/dt.c            |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/iseries/smp.c           |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/maple/setup.c           |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powermac/pfunc_core.c   |    9 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/Makefile        |   13 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dlpar.c         |    7 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c           |  224 +++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/lpar.c          |   25 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c      |  362 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pseries.h       |    9 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c         |   52 +++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/xics.c          |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/Makefile                   |    5 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/dart_iommu.c               |   74 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_cache_ctlr.h      |  101 +++++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_cache_sram.c      |  159 ++++++++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_l2ctlr.c          |  231 +++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_msi.c                  |    9 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_pci.c                  |   60 +++-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_pci.h                  |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_rio.c                  |   65 ++--
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c                  |   20 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/mpc8xxx_gpio.c             |    3 +
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/pmi.c                      |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/xmon/Makefile                     |    4 +-
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-pasemi.c                |    2 +-
 drivers/macintosh/via-pmu-led.c                |    4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/Kconfig                       |   22 +-
 drivers/watchdog/booke_wdt.c                   |   47 ++-
 include/linux/pci_ids.h                        |    8 +
 kernel/sys_ni.c                                |    1 +
 130 files changed, 3676 insertions(+), 683 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/bluestone.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/mpc8308_p1m.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/44x/bluestone_defconfig
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/e55xx_smp_defconfig
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/fsl_85xx_cache_sram.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/lib/checksum_wrappers_64.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/p3041_ds.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/p5020_ds.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_cache_ctlr.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_cache_sram.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_85xx_l2ctlr.c