Subject: Re: Where is CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD ?

From: Florian Vögel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 11:42:21 +0200

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:28 +0200, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
> Hello all,
> I don't see this option in the .config and in the menuconfig / Advanced Setup I don't see a [Set the boot link/load 
> address]:
> 
> [*] Prompt for advanced kernel configuration options
> [ ]   Set maximum low memory
> [ ]   Set custom page offset address
> [ ]   Set custom kernel base address
> [ ] Set custom user task size
> [ ] Set custom consistent memory pool size

Isn't that blackfin specific?

linux-next # find -name Kconfig -exec grep -H "BOOT_LOAD" \{\} \;
./arch/blackfin/Kconfig:config BOOT_LOAD

linux-next # find -exec grep -H "CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD" \{\} \;
./arch/blackfin/boot/Makefile:UIMAGE_OPTS-$(CONFIG_RAMKERNEL) += -a
$(CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD)
./arch/blackfin/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S:   . = CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD;
./arch/blackfin/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S:   . = CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD;
./arch/blackfin/kernel/trace.c: } else if (address < CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD) {
./arch/blackfin/kernel/setup.c: _rambase = CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD;
./arch/blackfin/configs/SRV1_defconfig:CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD=0x400000
./arch/blackfin/configs/BF527-TLL6527M_defconfig:CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD=0x400000
./arch/blackfin/mach-common/arch_checks.c:#if CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD <
FIXED_CODE_END
./arch/blackfin/mach-common/arch_checks.c:#if (CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD & 0x3)
./arch/blackfin/mach-common/arch_checks.c:#if ((0xffffffff -
L1_CODE_START + 1) + CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD) > 0x1000000

-Florian