Subject: Re: Revert 737a3bb9416ce2a7c7a4170852473a4fcc9c67e8 ?

From: Michel Dänzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:12:16 +0200

On Mit, 2011-04-13 at 09:59 +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote: 
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 07:29:22PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Die, 2011-04-12 at 14:00 +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 01:46:10PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > With no_wb=1 the driver goes a bit further but the X server ends
> > > > > up in an infinite ioctl loop and the logs are: 
> > > > 
> > > > Which ioctl does it loop on? Please provide the Xorg.0.log file as well.
> > > 
> > > From memory, the code was 0x64, which is DRM_RADEON_GEM_WAIT_IDLE.
> > 
> > Note that it's normal for this ioctl to be called every time before the
> > GPU accessible pixmap memory is accessed by the CPU. Unless the ioctl
> > always returns an error, this may not indicate a problem on its own. 
> 
> It seems to be an infinite loop, always returning EINTR because
> of regular SIGALRM delivery.

That does sound like the GPU locks up. Do you get any messages in dmesg
about lockups and attempts to reset the GPU at any time?

-- 
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                http://www.vmware.com
Libre software enthusiast         |          Debian, X and DRI developer