Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/1] ppc4xx: Fix PCIe scanning for the 460SX

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:32:46 +1000

On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 06:37 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 12:02 -0500, Ayman El-Khashab wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 07:09:49PM -0700, Tirumala Marri wrote:
> > > You originally submitted the support for 460ex. Can you chime in (and
> > > review Ayman patch) please ?
> > > 
> > > [Marri] Ben sure I will review it and send you my feedback in couple of
> > > days.
> > 
> > Is there any update on this patch?  Any comment?  Any reason it _cant_
> > be included?  
> 
> I'm tempted to put it in if Tirumala doesn't get to review it asap.

Ok so after a closer review, the patch can't go in as-is.

The code in there is meant to work on any 44x with runtime detection of
the type of PCIe bridge.

Your patch uses #ifdef's which breaks this.

Please use the "compatible" property in the device-tree to identify the
460SX specific implementation (of_device_is_compatible(...)) and use
that to trigger your changes.

Also, the patch removes the code for waiting for the link to be up with
a comment "What DCR has the link status on the 460SX?". Please fix that
(Tirumala, can you provide the missing information ?)

Cheers,
Ben.