Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] powerpc/mm: Fix memory_block_size_bytes() for non-pseries

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:15:12 +1000

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 14:15 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> > +/* WARNING: This is going to override the generic definition whenever
> > + * pseries is built-in regardless of what platform is active at boot
> > + * time. This is fine for now as this is the only "option" and it
> > + * should work everywhere. If not, we'll have to turn this into a
> > + * ppc_md. callback
> > + */
> 
> Just a small nit, please use the customary (multi-line) comment 
> style:
> 
>   /*
>    * Comment .....
>    * ...... goes here.
>    */
> 
> specified in Documentation/CodingStyle.

Ah ! Here goes my sneak attempts at violating coding style while nobody
notices :-)

No seriously, that sort of stuff shouldn't be such a hard rule... In
some cases the "official" way looks nicer, on some cases it's just a
waste of space, and I've grown to prefer my slightly more compact form,
at least depending on how the surrounding code looks like.

Since that's all powerpc arch code, I believe I'm entitled to that
little bit of flexibility in how the code looks like :-) It's not
like I'm GoingToPlayWithCaps() or switching to 3-char tabs :-)

Cheers,
Ben.