Subject: [Patch 0/5] [flexcan/powerpc] Add support for powerpc flexcan (freescale p1010) -V9

From: Robin Holt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:43:46 -0500

Marc, Wolfgang or U Bhaskar,

This patch set should have all your comments included.  It is based on
the David S. Miller net-next-2.6 tree commit 19fd617.

This series adds a fifth patch which cleans up and corrects the device
bindigs for the fsl-flexcan nodes.

I have compiled each patch in the series individually for both arm and
powerpc (cheated on ppc and reordered them with the last patch first so
I could select CAN_FLEXCAN.

With all the patches applied, my p1010rdb works for communicating between
its two can ports and also can communicate with an external PSOC.  I have
done no testing beyond compile testing on an arm system as I have no
access to an arm based system.

For the first three patches in the series, I believe they are all ready
for forwarding to David S. Miller for the netdev tree.  I think patch
4 is ready for submission to the PPC85xx maintainer.  This is the
first submission of patch 5.

Thanks,
Robin Holt