Subject: RE: [PATCH v15 00/10] Add-Synopsys-DesignWare-HS-USB-OTG-driver

From: Geoff Levand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:52:55 -0700

Hi Marri,

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 09:06 -0700, Tirumala Marri wrote:
> <
> <No, just start over from scratch. Just leave the crap driver behind,
> <use it for reference but write the new one.
> <
> <It's obvious given that you are already at iteration v15 and it's
> <still looking this bad that this is not realistic to get reviewed and
> <accepted as-is. I don't think staging is a good target either -- what
> <the driver really needs is _functional_ cut-down to only cover the use
> <cases that your product uses, and staging cleanups are mostly around
> <style and refactoring, not changing, fixing or removing functionality.
> <
> [Tirumala Marri] I like to hear What maintainer GregKH thinks. We already
> spent lot
> Of time on it and passed multiple hands.

I don't think the amount of time spent should be given much
consideration.  What matters is whether or not the code is acceptable.
Maybe you can do some coding on a whiteboard to get it right -- hahaha.

-Geoff